Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Before...

It's four days until I fly out.

I'm currently at my second last day of work.

I have my passport, international drivers license, travel insurance, travel card, ESTA, shoes and suitcase. I've even had my haircut and dyed.

 I don't know how to use the MacBook air I bought 2nd hand for the trip. It's light and was cheap though and I'm sure I can work it out eventually. I also don't know how to get blogger to stop using US spelling.

I haven't heard back about my visa credit card. I haven't gotten any American money. I still need a wallet and backpack. I need to do epic amounts of laundry before I leave and also register with smarttraveller.gov.au

For a trip that I wasn't going to organise at all, a lot of organisation seems to be creeping it. Hopefully by the time I board it will all have gone away. Welcome to a glimpse of the my mindset that getting ready to travel alone for the first time is giving me.

 August 7th to November 3rd 2012, may you be incredibly interesting times.

2 comments:

  1. "For a trip I wasn't going to organise, a lot of organisation seems to be creeping in"

    Tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a look at your travel stuff then and I have to say, you've made me feel like I'm taking this all much too seriously.

      Delete